Information We Collect
Information You Provide. We collect any information that you choose to provide when you download or sign up for the Services. For example, when you sign up for an account, you provide information such as your name, email address, username, and password, and you may provide us with some additional information, such as a profile picture.
You also provide information when you access or use the Services, such as when you input search queries; when you navigate through the Services, for instance when you click on a search result (Point of Interest, a.k.a “POI” or “POIs”); and when you group together certain POIs into “Collections” to save for future reference or to share with friends.
We also collect any information that you provide when you contact us directly, such as with a comment, question, or request.
Location Information. When you use the Services we may collect information about your location. The Services may do this through permissions incorporated into your device or based on your IP address. If you do not want the Services to collect your location information, please do not use the Services.
Device Permissions. The Services may collect other information from your device through permissions incorporated into the device. Just as one example, if you wish to associate a profile picture with your account, you may allow the Services to access the camera or photos on your device for that purpose. You may be able to later modify these permissions using your device’s privacy and application settings.
Other Information We Collect From Third Parties. We may collect other information about you that is publicly available or that we receive from third parties. We also may collect information that other users provide about you when they use the Services. We may combine the information you provide us and information we automatically collect with information from public or third-party sources.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Providing you with the Services
- Developing, operating, improving, delivering, maintaining, and protecting the Services
- Communicating with you
- Monitoring and analyzing trends and usage
- Personalizing the Services for your use
- Enhancing the safety and security of the Services
- Verifying your identity or preventing fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Services, offline, or elsewhere for these purposes.
How We Share Information
We may disclose the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- We may share information with other city.live users, such as:
- Identifying information, like your username, name, and profile picture;
- The location listed on your profile;
- Collections that you create;
- Content you post or send;
- The list of users whom you follow and the users who follow you;
- We may also select and feature certain Collections that you create.
- We may provide the option for you to generate a publicly accessible link to Collections that you create that you may then share with anyone. That link will remain active indefinitely and available to members of the general public who have the link, and your friends may share this link with others, even if you have set your Collection to be private. In addition to the Collection, this link may display your name, profile picture, number of followers, and number of POIs in the Collection.
- We may share your information with third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations including third parties that deliver communications on our behalf.
- We may share your information with service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We will also disclose information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to (a) protect our rights, the integrity of the Services, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our policies, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services. We also will disclose information to third parties if we believe disclosure is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations.
We also may share aggregate or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Information You Share with Third Parties
The Services may integrate third-party links and applications. By clicking on those links or applications, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to those third parties, us, or both. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms of service of those third-party websites to understand how they collect, use, and disclose your information.
Users Outside of Norway
The information we collect will be processed in and subject to the laws of the Norway, which, if you are not located in Norway, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the Norwegian government or its agencies under a lawful order made in Norway. By using the Services, you are consenting to such transfer to, and processing in, the Norway.
Control Over Your Information
Cookies. As mentioned above, you may be able to set your browser to reject cookies from us. If you reject or block cookies from the Services, the Services may not function as intended.
Access and Updates. If you need to access, update, or delete any other personal information that we may have about you, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com. We may ask questions to verify your identity before accessing and updating certain information. While we work to accommodate all requests, we may reject a request to access and update information for a number of reasons, including where the request is repetitive or unlawful.
Sharing of Collections. The default setting is that any Collection you create may be visible to anyone using the Services. You can prevent this access to your Collection by designating the Collection as private through the “Edit” icon available for the Collection. But note that if you create a publicly accessible link to the Collection, that Collection will be indefinitely available to anyone with the link, even if the Collection is designated as private. If you work on a collaborative Collection with friends, only the owner of the Collection can designate the Collection as private.
Shares. You have the ability to block shares from users that you do not “follow” through the settings page.
Account Deletion. If you would like to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you delete your account, other users will still be able to view the content that you shared with them when your account was active.
The Services are not intended for anyone under 16 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.