Bryant Park is the busiest park in the world, but few visitors know about the trap door, the secret escape hatch from an underground room, or the ruins from the 1800's. Here's a list of my top 12 secrets of Bryant Park.
If you're interested in taking a free tour of Bryant Park and learning even more, I highly recommend it:
Also, the free movie I referred to in the library at 4:24 talks a lot about the history of the park, the old reservoir, and the library. It's really interesting.
If you liked this video, be sure to check out my 12 hidden secrets in Central Park, including a cave and a secret nature sanctuary:
12 Secrets in Bryant Park:
1: It used to be a cemetery
2. The New York Public Library Stacks are directly below the park lawn and contain 37 miles of bookshelves. Check out Gothamist's video about the stacks here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hrh1c
3. Escape hatch from the stacks
4. The trap door by the carousel
5. Every activity and event is free
6. Free Wifi throughout the park
7. Power outlets are all over the place
8. Free, clean, amazing public restroom, consistently rated one of the best bathrooms in New York
9. The change thrown into the fountain adds up to about $4000 per year
10. London Plane trees were Robert Moses' favorite tree (he basically created the NYC Parks Department) and so he made the leaf of the London Plane tree into the logo for the parks department
11. Croton Reservoir foundation ruins
12. Rose Reading Room
Music is royalty free:
"Go With Me" by DJ Quads (https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads/go-with-me-vlog-music)
"Wings" by Nicolai Heidlas (https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/wings-acoustic-guitar-background-music)
Thanks so much for watching, liking, commenting, and sharing! You guys are the best!
Check out all the gear we use, from cameras and tech to our awesome camping gear, here: https://www.amazon.com/shop/perfectlittleplanet
Subscribe for (almost) daily videos of new experiences in New York City and around the world.
I'm Brian and my wife is Isa. We travel A LOT. We're all about making memories and creating great experiences. We try to stay positive and optimistic and show you everything our perfect little planet has to offer.
YouTube (Subscribe to this channel for free to be the first to see new videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/perfectlittleplanet?sub_confirmation=1
See everything in one place: http://www.perfectlittleplanet.com/
Thanks so much for watching, liking, and commenting! We really appreciate you spending your time with us! We hope you have a great day and experience something new today!